The gender pay gap may be narrowing, but it’s still a gap, and depending on where you live, it may seem more like an abyss.
The website 24/7 Wall St. analyzed compensation for women compared with men using data from the U.S. Census Bureau and found the worst-paying cities for women are all home to industries known for large gender pay gaps.
Here are the five worst-paying cities for women, along with the percentage of women’s pay compared with men’s, according to 24/7 Wall St.
- 1. Baton Rouge, Louisiana: 63 percent
- 2. Ogden–Clearfield, Utah: 64 percent
- 3. Toledo, Ohio: 70 percent
- 4. Augusta–Richmond County, Georgia–South Carolina: 71 percent
- 5. Bridgeport–Stamford–Norwalk, Connecticut: 72 percent
Don’t miss out on MORE great articles like this one. Click here to sign up for our weekly newsletter!