10 Uses for Hairspray You’ve Never Thought Of
Hairspray is one of those things that many of us use every day and never think twice about. You style your hair, spray it with hairspray, and run out the door, right? What else do you do with it? Anything? If you’re not, you might want to consider a few of these options.
1. Remove ink or lipstick stains from clothing (not suggested for silks and delicate fabrics). Saturate the stain and let it sit for several minutes, scrub the stain until it disappears and wash as directed.
2. Comb through eyebrows for a more controlled look.
3. Spray on drawings to help preserve them.
4. Spray on the insole of any shoes that your feet slip around in to prevent slipping.
5. Help preserve fresh by spraying the underside of the leaves and petals. To dry and preserve flowers, hang them upside down in a dark closet until they dry. Once dried, spray the top of the petals and leaves.
6. Stiffen the end of thread to easily thread through the eye of a needle.
7. Spray Sunday comics with hairspray to create a shiny homemade wrapping paper.
8. Make static cling fall away by spraying the clingy spots with hairspray.
9. Tame static-infused hair by spraying your brush before using it in your hair.
10. Use hairspray as a quick-dry for nail polish. (This works best with an aerosol hairspray.)
After all this hairspraying, you may find that you need to remove it off surfaces in your house. The best way to remove hairspray from walls and floors is to use Goof Off, Goo Gone and/or Mr. Clean’s Magic Eraser. Be sure to test an inconspicuous area to ensure that the paint does not come off in the process.
Do you know of other uses for hairspray? Please comment below.