Add Edge To Any Look With This Easy Pull-Through And Infinity Braid Updo
by Ulrika Edler
The easiest way to amp up any braided hairstyle is to combine two braids in one for an intricate, professional look. (Don’t worry! It only looks hard to do.)
I love to combine different braids to create intricate, beautiful hairstyles. This pull through and infinity braid combo turned out to be one of my all time favorites! The look is so cool and casual, it can work for almost any event and will convince people you had the help of a professional. For fuller braids I used some clip in extensions.
Follow the steps below to create the look:
1. Take a section of hair from the front of your head and secure a small ponytail with an elastic. Clip the ponytail out of the way.
2. Take some hair just underneath and secure it similarly with an elastic.
3. Take out the clip of the first ponytail, divide the hair in two pieces and take the pieces on one side each of the second ponytail. Clip the second ponytail out of the way.
4. Make a third small ponytail while incorporating the hair from the first ponytail.
5. Take out the clip of the second ponytail and divide the hair into two pieces again. Take one piece on each side of the third ponytail. Clip the third ponytail out of the way. Make a fourth ponytail from the pieces of the second ponytail.
6. Take out the clip of the third ponytail and divide the hair in two pieces.
7. Again, take them one on each side of the ponytail and secure the two pieces together underneath.
8. Pull on the edges to create volume and a fuller-looking braid.
9. Now divide all of the hair in the ponytail in two parts to create the infinity braid. Clip the third ponytail away and secure the second ponytail together with the remaining of the hair.
10. Take a small piece of hair from one of the parts and cross it over the first part and under the second, then around the second and over it and then under the first. Like making the number 8. Continue like this for an inch or so. If you run out of hair, add some new hair to your small piece of hair and continue the same way.
11. When it’s time to secure it, take a small piece of hair on the backside of the braid, close to the infinity braid, and secure the two small pieces together.
12. Pull on the hair above the infinity braid to create some volume, and you are finished!
For more tutorials like this visit Yet Another Beauty Site.