This Beautiful Bubble Braid Is Perfect For Medium To Long Hair
by Ulrika Edler
This simple step-by-step tutorial will help you master the gorgeous bubble braid.
New year, new you, new braids! We love this fun and flirty take on the fishtail braid—it’s cool and casual, but nice enough to wear on date night or to the office. Wear it with a chunky knitted sweater for a laidback, relaxed look now, or pair it with a casual dress this summer for the ultimate bohemian-chic look. To get a fuller braid with more volume, feel free to use hair extensions.
To get the look follow the steps below:
1. Put your hair in a low ponytail using an elastic.
2. To hide the elastic push a Topsy Tail through the elastic and take a piece of hair from underneath the ponytail.
3. Wrap the hair around the elastic and then take the end through the Topsy Tail, hold the end while you pull the topsy tail all the way through the elastic.
4. Divide the ponytail in two parts.
5. Start making your fishtail braid by taking a small piece of hair from the right side and crossing it over to the left side then take a piece of hair from the left side and crossing it over to the right side.
6. Braid an inch or so and then pull on the braid to create volume.
7. Secure the braid with an elastic and use the same technique to hide the elastic like in step 2 and 3.
8. Now you have one of the “bubbles”. Continue to make more fishtail braid “bubbles” all the way down to the end of the hair. At the end secure the braid with a small elastic and hide it the same way as before.
For more tutorials like this visit Ulrika Edler.