Boho Braid: How to Create an Effortlessly Chic Half Updo
by Ulrika Edler
Give your basic braid a fresh twist with this cute style that layers multiple braids over each other. Clever, fun, easy!
There’s nothing better than a casual and interesting braided updo. This style is so playful and cute, and it’s perfect for spring and summer’s casual living. You can wear it with straight hair like I did, or with beach waves for a more romantic look. Follow these simple steps to get the look:
1. Take the middle section of the hair on the crown. Leave some of the front hair for later.
2. Divide the hair in three parts to create a basic braid, leaving the middle strand significantly smaller than the other two. This adds an interesting detail to the most basic braids. You can make it even smaller than I did for more interest.
3. Braid a classic, three strand braid. But before you secure with an elastic, gently tug on the two sections that are thicker, leave the smaller strand as it is. This gives it a very nice effect and makes the smaller strand stand out.
4. Now take a piece of hair next to the first braid.
5. Make another three strand braid, and secure with an elastic.
6. Take the front hair from one of the sides that you left and drape it over the two braids.
7. Take the front hair from the other side and join the two together. Make a third braid on the other side of the middle one.
8. Enjoy this easy easy, boho look.
Here’s a Pin-able version with all the steps and a finished image.
For more effortless styles from Ulrika, go to Yet Another Beauty Site for more tutorials.