Messy braids have been popular for a few seasons now, but we hadn't seen a look like this one until it came walking down the Mara Hoffman NYFW runway. And we immediately fell in love! The good news is: You can do this look yourself. Just gather up two clips, four small elastics, a bunch of bobby pins, texturizing spray or powder, and strong-hold hairspray; then get started.
1. Section off a 1-inch piece behind each ear. Clip them out of the way for later use.
2. With the rest of your hair, create a clean center part from your hairline to nape. Secure the hair in two low ponytails for the time being.
3. Three-strand-braid each of the two small sections that were clipped off in step 1. On each side, thread the small braid through the middle of the ponytail.
4. Pancake both braids by pulling gently at the sides of the braids, and wrap them around your head to create a headband. Secure both ends with bobby pins.
5. Next, remove the elastics from the ponytails, and braid each one. Secure both with elastics.
6. Add texturizing spray or powder to the braids to add texture and grip. To create the illusion of intertwined braids, secure the two braids together with bobby pins, taking care to hide the pins. Finish off the look with a strong-hold hairspray.