This bohemian-looking fishtail braid is one of my favorite hairstyles. I love it as a bridal hairstyle because it has a romantic, feminine and loose feeling to it. The hairstyle works best on long hair with texture, like curls or waves, in it. If you don't have long hair and would like to wear your hair this way, you can always use clip in extensions; the hairstyle works very well with extensions. Here's how to do it:
1. After you add some texture such as curls or waves to your hair, take a piece of hair from the front and softly twist it toward the back.
2. Secure the hair with a bobby pin to one side, since we are making a side braid.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 on the other side.
4. Now it's time to create a loose fishtail braid. Divide the hair into two parts. Take a piece of hair from the left side and incorporate it with the right side.
5. Now take a piece of hair from the right side and incorporate it with the left side. Continue like this.
6. Finish the braid and secure with a small elastic. Pull on the braid to create a bit of volume and messiness.">
7. If you find that there's a gap between your twists and where the braid starts, you can pull the braid toward the twisted hair and pin it with bobby pins.
8. Add some flowers for an even more romantic and feminine feeling!
For more fresh styles from Ulrika, go to Yet Another Beauty Site.