Dennis Basso-inspired Low Bun with a Twist
by Rachel Weeks
There’s always an occasion for an elegant, easy updo. If you’re lost for styling ideas for an upcoming professional dinner or party, this low bun—inspired by a Dennis Basso hair look off the NYFW runway—is your solution.
Perfect for a holiday party, a job interview, or a fancy night out, this low bun is an easy, elegant option for women with hair that’s on the longer side. And while it may look ornate and sophisticated, you don’t need many hairstyling skills to get the job done. If you can handle a few bobby pins, you can achieve this look. To get started, make sure you have a comb, shine spray, medium-hold spray, and plenty of bobby pins.
1. Prep the hair with shine spray, and create a middle part.
2. Without losing your middle part, gather your hair in a low ponytail and secure it with an elastic, preferably one that matches the color of your hair.
3. Wrap a piece of hair around the ponytail to cover as much of the elastic as possible. Secure with a bobby pin.
4. Pull the tail of the pony up into a small bun shape as shown, and swoop the existing tail around the top of the bun.
5. Wrap the ends of your ponytail around and under the bun, and secure it in place with bobby pins.
6. Finish with a shine spray for extra sleekness and a medium-hold hairspray to keep your look in place.