Discover the Secret to the Perfect Sock Bun for Short Hair
by Reagan Breinholt
We all love an edgy bob, but short hair can make finding new hairstyles difficult. Try using a sock to create a voluminous bun—even with minimum hair length.
A sock bun is really the perfect solution when you want an updo but don’t have the hair length or have thin hair that doesn’t create a bun with much substance on its own. This super cheap and easy trick to bulking up a bun works for anyone. Give it a try!
- Find a sock (preferably a clean sock!) close to your hair color. Sorry cute, pink, stripey sock! You just won’t work!
- Cut the toes out of the sock so that it makes a tube.
- Roll the sock up so it looks like a doughnut.
- Pull your hair up into a ponytail. It can be low, high, to the side or anywhere you want!
- Pull your ponytail through the center of the sock doughnut until the sock is at the base.
- Split your ponytail so that it’s covering the sock in every direction.
- Use an elastic to secure the hair around the sock.
- Tuck/pin the loose hairs around the bun.
Enjoy the massive bun envy you are giving everyone around you!