This Dutch Braid And Bun Updo Is As Easy As It Is Cute
If you can master the Dutch braid, you can easily recreate this hairstyle. Follow the simple tutorial to find out how.
Tired of your every day hairstyle? Then try this dutch braid and bun for days when you feel like switching things up without going the extra mile. Wear it as an every day hairstyle when you're feeling extra cool, or reserve it as the perfect pop to a more formal night out. Keep the braid tight for an edgier look, or loosen it up (per the pulling method in the tutorial) for some volume and a more lived-in feeling. The best part is that it doesn't take long to achieve!
Follow the steps below to create the look:
1. Pick up a strand of hair from the front and divide it into three pieces.
2. Cross the left strand under the middle strand.
3. Cross the right strand under the middle strand.
4. Pick up some hair on the left side and add it to the outer left strand.
5. Cross them under the middle strand.
6. Continue the same way, add some hair to the outer strand and cross it under the middle strand. Do this all the way down to the nape of the neck. Secure the braid with an elastic.
7. Pull on the outer edges of the braid to create volume.
8. Now take the ponytail and backcomb it slightly to give it some volume. Roll it around the base of the ponytail to create a bun. Secure it in place with bobby pins.
Now you have a cool dutch braid and bun! Visit me at Yet Another Beauty Site for more hair tutorials like this!