An Easy Braided Hairstyle for Any Occasion
by Ulrika Elder
When life throws you a curve and your getting-ready time is cut in half, don’t sweat it. You can still look insanely put together with this simple braided updo that’s way more complex-looking than it actually is. If you can do a basic three-strand braid, you can pull off this ‘do.
Many of us have hectic schedules and don’t have a lot of time to spend on our hair. That’s why I’m happy to show you one of my favorite braided hairstyles that you can do in just a few minutes. The best part is, you don’t need any serious braiding abilities. This look was created with two three-strand braids. Really anyone can do it! Follow the steps, and you’ll have a cute braided hairstyle in an instant that’s perfect for everyday wear or a night out.
1. Start by dividing your hair in two parts. Take the first of your two sections and make a regular three-strand braid, crossing the outer right strand over the middle strand and then taking the outer left strand and crossing that over the middle one. Now cross the outer right strand one over the middle one and so on. Continue braiding like this until you reach the end of the hair and secure with a small elastic band.
2. Pull on the completed braid to loosen it and create some volume.
3. Now repeat steps 1 and 2 on the other side.
4. Once both braids are complete, you’re going to tie them together in a loose knot at the nape.
5. If you have long hair, you may want to make more than one knot.
6. Arrange the braids at the nape of the neck and secure with bobby pins to
Now you have a quick, cute, braided hairstyle. It’s that easy!
Find more hair inspiration from Ulrika at Yet Another Beauty Site