Easy Day-to-Night Hairstyle
This simple updo hairstyle will take you from desk to date in no time at all. Try it for your next after-work event!
Getting work done before the holidays or taking a vacation can mean late nights at the office with little time to spare. Whether it's nearing Christmas or you're starting a new semester at school, we all have those times of the year when we simply put our beauty routines on the back burner. That's why it's so important to have shortcuts that allow us to look our best without taking much effort, and if you need to make quick transitions from long days at work to evenings out with friends, family, or co-workers, this hairdo will become your go-to look. This hairstyle will take you from day to night in just minutes. It works on all different hair textures, but I like it with a bit of curl for a more soft feeling. I created sock curls before I went to bed and woke up with ready-to-style hair.
Follow my step-by-step directions to create this look for your next in-a-hurry occasion.
1. Start with dry hair. I prefer softly curled hair for this hairstyle.
2. Use dry shampoo or volumizing powder to create volume in the crown area. I used Osis+ Dust It from Schwarzkopf. Rub it in and voilà—volume!
3. Make a low ponytail and secure it with elastic.
4. Create a hole just above the elastic of the ponytail.
5. Twist the hair up and through the hole you just created.
6. Your daytime look is finished!
Follow the next steps for a nighttime look.
7. Now it's time for the evening look! Take the entire ponytail and roll it upwards. Spread it out and arrange it nicely.
8. Secure the bun you created with bobby pins.
9. Take the sides, twist them a bit and secure with bobby pins in the same direction as the hair.
10. Your nighttime look is finish! Now you’re ready to party.
Here's a Pin-able version of all the steps for you!