The Fishtail Braided Bun for Hot Summer Days
Great for casual wear on hot summer days, this low, braided bun will get your hair up and out of the way in no time. If you know how to fishtail braid, you can do this easy updo.
Whether you're rocking this braided bun with denim shorts and a T-shirt or with a summer dress, this is the easy updo you've been waiting for. Of course, fishtail braids take more time than a typical three-strand braid, but the beautiful, intricate-looking result is worth the extra work. Sorry, short-haired ladies, this style works better on longer hair, but all textures work well.
1. Make two fishtail braids at the nape of the neck.
2. Pull on the sides gently to achieve a little more volume.
3. Take the fishtail braid on your left, and pin it up horizontally toward the right side using bobby pins.
4. Fold it, and pin it up horizontally going to the left. Hide the ends under the braid.
5. Take the right fishtail braid, and pin it under the first fishtail braid horizontally toward the left.
6. Fold it around the bun, and secure it in place with bobby pins. Hide the ends. Arrange the bun nicely using extra bobby pins where needed.
For more tutorials like this, visit Ulrika at Yet Another Beauty Site!