Get the Look: Julianne Hough Hairstyle
With braids still all the rage right now, try this fun knotted technique instead of a braid this fall.
If you are anything like me, you are most likely scouring Pinterest for new, fun, and easy hairstyles. For months I kept coming across the Julianne Hough hairstyle from the 19th Annual Elle Awards, so I decided to do an easy tutorial on this ever so popular hairstyle.
This hairstyle will work for mid to long length of hair and all types of hair textures. Watch my video and follow my easy step-by-step directions in order to achieve this look.
- Start with dry hair.
- Section out a diamond shaped section on top of your head a couple of inches away from your hairline
- Utilizing a knot technique take a 2-inch section at the front of the hairline.
- Split in half, creating a knot, then take another section of hair split in half incorporating the hair with the previous knot.
- Repeat this technique until you get to the ends of the hair and secure with an elastic.
- Don't add the hair around the ear section into your knots.
- Repeat this technique on the other side.
- Release the top diamond section and tease hair for texture and volume.
- Split the back hair in three sections and lightly tease each section.
- Twist each section to below the crown area and pin into place with a bobby pin.
- Drop top section and twist the ends and pin into place near the crown using a bobby pin.
- Now take any of your remaining ends and get creative. Twist the ends into fun barrel curl shapes and secure the ends with a bobby pin.
- Take side sections and loosely pull back to the crown area, twist the ends and secure with a bobby pin.
- Massage some hair out of the updo for an erratic texture.
- Finish this look off with a medium hold hair spray.
For more hair tutorials visit Jenny at Confessions of a Hairstylist.
Photo: s_bukley / Shutterstock.com