Hair How-To: Braided Crown Hairstyle
Why not try this regal braided crown instead of a headband to decorate your locks this winter?
As the holiday party season nears, it’s time to start thinking about what you’re going to wear and what you'll do with your hair and makeup. I’ve got you covered on the hair front!
This braided crown look works great with all hair lengths and textures. Keep your hair straight for an everyday sleek look or glam it up with some curls. Do you have second day hair? No problem! Rock this style with clean or slightly dirty tresses.
Here's how to get this look:
- Starting with dry hair, part your hair wherever you like. This model in the photo has a middle part.
- Add texture to 2- to 3-inch sections of hair by curling it away from the face with a 1 1/4-inch curling iron. I prefer Hot Tools.
- Spray each section with a medium hold hairspray. I like to use Oribe.
- After your hair is totally curled, lightly brush out the curls with your fingers.
- Now take a large 2-inch section from behind your ear and braid it. The look shown is a simple three-strand braid, but feel free to get creative and create any kind of braid you want. Secure the ends of the braid with an elastic.
- Drape the braid over to the other side of your head two inches away from the hairline and secure with bobby pins. Note: If your braid doesn't reach the other side of your head, simply repeat step 5 on the opposite side and drape that braid over to the other side.
- Finish this look with a medium hold hairspray.
Fore more hair tutorials from Jenny visit Confessions of a Hairstylist.
Runway hair photo courtesy of Emilio Pucci.