Boho-inspired fishtail braids are gorgeous, but can sometimes feel too casual (not to mentoin the loose, flirty looks are incompatible with strong winds.) If you're looking for a polished hairstyle that goes beyond a hum-drum French braid, look no further. This intricate braid combo is so beautiful and perfect for any occassion where you're looking to impress. It works best on long, thick hair—if you're lacking in either department, clip-in extensions will help you get the full effect.
Follow the steps below to create the look:
1. Pick up a piece of hair from the front and divide it into two pieces.
2. Take a small piece of hair from the outer right side and cross over to the left side.
3. Take a small piece of hair from the outer left side and cross over to the right side.
4. Now take a small piece of hair from the right side again, and a small piece of hair from the front, join them together and cross them over to the left side. This is how you create a french fishtail braid. Do the same thing on the other side, taking a small piece of hair from the outer right side add some hair from the front and cross over to the right side.
5. Continue the same way all the way down to the nape of the neck then secure the braid with an elastic. Cover the elastic with some hair for a neater finish.
6. Now divide the hair in two parts, clip away one part for later and divide the first part in two parts.
7. Create a fishtail braid by taking a small piece of hair, cross it over to the other side and then do the same on the other side.
8. When you have braided for a while pull on the outer edge to create volume then continue braiding and pulling all the way down and when you reach the end secure it with a temporary elastic.
9. Do the same with the other section of ponytail.
10. When you finished the two braids secure them together on the back side with bobby pins so it looks like one big braid. Last, joing the two braids together with a small elastic and take off the two temporary elastics.
Finished! For more tutorials like this visit me at Yet Another Beauty Site.