If you need a formal updo but you don't have the time or funds to get your hair professionally done, then this knotted looped braid is for you! It looks quite intricate, but is actually super easy. It works on medium-length hair to long hair, and is a gorgeous hairstyle for events that require dressing up, or even a fun office look when you're trying to feel your best. For a more polished finish, hair should on the straighter side, but it definitely works on curly hair too. Follow the steps below to achieve the look:
1. Pick up a piece of hair from the front of your head and divide it into two pieces.
2. Make a regular knot with it like you would tie a shoe lace. Then gather both of the strands of the knotted hair in the left hand.
3. Pick up a piece of hair from the right side and start to make a new knot by taking the hair that is already knotted underneath the new strand.
4. And through the loop.
5. Pull it tight and you have a new knot.
6. Do the same on the other side. Gather the knotted hair in your right hand, pick up a new strand of hair from the left, make a knot (don't forget that the hair that is already knotted must go underneath the new strand when tying it into a knot).
7. Continue like this all the way down to the nape of the neck.
8. When you reach the nape of the neck divide the hair in three pieces.
9. Now make a normal three strand braid all the way down. To keep the tension of the knots I find it easier to make a dutch braid going underneath the middle strand instead of over it. When you reach the end secure it with a small elastic.
10. Roll up the braid in a circular motion facing inwards and secure it at the nape of the neck with bobby pins.
Now you have a beautiful, easy updo! For more tutorials like this visit me at yetanotherbeautysite.com.