- Apply an extra strong mousse (I like Label.M Extra Strong Mousse) to your towel-dried hair.
- Blow dry your hair the opposite way you want it to lay for texture and volume.
- Loosely comb your hair back to the nape of your neck with your fingers.
- Secure your hair with an elastic.
- Take the hair from your pony, spilt it in two, and tie into a basic knot.
- Take your leftover hair and wrap it around your bun and secure with bobbi pins.
- Using the palms of your hands, gently massage the hair out of your bun to get the "messy texture" like the pictures.
- Finish this look off with hairspray for hold (I use Keratases Double Force).
Get more hair tips and tricks by Jenny at Confessions of a Hairstylist.
Photos: Blake Lively by s_bukley / Shutterstock.com, hair bun by Olga Ekaterincheva / Shutterstock.com, and Dianna Argon by Jaguar PS / Shutterstock.com