The perfect summer half updo has a casual, relaxed, bohemian feeling to it; it's perfect to wear with a summer dress and some cute sandals. And this easy look is the perfect summer style! Before you get started, I recommend adding some texture to the hair, like waves or curls. It works perfect on second-day hair when you have some extra grip in it. If you have particularly fine hair, gently backcomb the crown area and apply a light hairspray; this will give the bobby pins extra grip later. Now that you're textured, follow the steps below:
1. Take a piece of hair from the front, and twist it toward your head.
2. Pull on the sides of the twist to create a little volume and messiness.
3. Secure the twist with a bobby pin at the back of the head. You may need two to keep it in place.
4. It should look like this.
5. Repeat steps 1 through 3 on the other side. Secure it with a bobby pin directly underneath the first one.
6. Now, take a piece of hair from the side you started with, and do the same again. Twist, pull, and secure under the previous one.
7. And repeat again from the opposite side.
8. If needed, arrange the twists nicely and add bobby pins. Secure with a medium-hold hairspray.
For more hair tutorials, visit Ulrika at Yet Another Beauty Site.