Hairstyle in a Hurry: A 5-Minute Updo
by Ulrika Edler
Are you in a hurry? Maybe you don’t have a lot of time to spend on your hair, but you still need to look good! Try this easy hairstyle you can do in less than 5 minutes.
Whether you have plans for a fun night out or are looking for an easy way to deal with bed head, this quick updo is just the style ticket you need. This great look is a simple twisting technique so no major hair skills are needed. It works on all hair types—straight, curly, wavy—and it’s also a great hairstyle for second day hair. You can keep the hairstyle neat or you can pull on it to create a more messy look. The appearance will change depending on the texture you have in your hair. Follow these easy steps, and you’ll have a cute updo in no time!
1. Start from one side of the head to twist your hair from the front to back.
2. Secure the side you finished with a clip while you work on the other side.
3. Twist the hair on the other side the same way, take of the clip and secure the two sides together with an elastic.
4. Twist the hair in the ponytail in one direction.
5. Roll the hair around the base of the ponytail. For more volume, don’t pull it too tight.
6. Secure with bobby pins.
Here’s a Pin-able version with all the steps and a finished image.
For more hair tutorials from Ulrika, check out Yet Another Beauty Site.