Holiday Hairstyle: Looped Fishtail Updo
This style looks great on every face shape and works best for women that have medium-length to long hair.
With holiday parties fast approaching, you'll need a sexy, on-trend style you can wear to whatever event you're invited to this season. Why not try this easy and sophisticated looped fishtail updo? This holiday hairstyle looks professional but it only takes a few minutes to achieve the look yourself at home.
The looped fishtail updo is soft, trendy, and sexy.
Follow my easy step-by-step directions to create this gorgeous ‘do:
- Start off by blow drying a medium-hold mousse like Volumeactive by Kerastase or a Salt Spray by label M into your hair for volume and texture, then part your hair to the desired side.
- Starting at the nape of the neck, take 2- to 3-inch sections and use a 1 1/2-inch curling iron to curl your hair roots to ends. Continue this technique all throughout your hair. After your hair is fully curled, lightly tease it for texture and volume.
- Pull all of your hair back to the nape of your neck and start a simple fishtail braid technique. Divide the hair into two pieces, take a small section from the outside of the right section and cross it over the top and blend into the left side. Repeat on the other side. Check out this video tutorial to see the fishtail braid technique. Keep going until you are about an inch away from the ends and secure with an elastic.
- Spray your hair with a tiny bit of hairspray while gently pulling at the fishtail braid to loosen the weave.
- Now take the ends of the braid and loop it under itself toward the nape of the neck. Secure the end of the braid with bobby pins.
- Finish off this look by spraying it with a medium-hold hairspray.
Photo: Courtesy of Balmain.