How to Create a Cute Summer Half-Updo
This will take no more than a few minutes, especially if you have wavy hair.
Summer's here and that means it's time for weddings and other outside parties. Here's a cute summer half-updo that is good for many different occasions and great when you are attending a wedding because of its romantic feeling. It's not difficult to make if you just follow the steps below!
- Spray your hair with a heat protector. I used L'Oreal Hot Curl.
- Curl your hair. It doesn´t have to be perfect and you don't even have to do all your hair if you have natural texture in your hair already. The look we´re after is a casual beachy wave look.
- It should look something like this!
- Now lightly tease the crown. It´s just to get a bit of volume so you don´t have to do it too much.
- Spray with some hairspray for the teasing to stay. I used L'Oreal Elnett Hair Spray.
- Smooth out the surface.
- Grab sections of hair just above each ear.
- Braid each piece. I chose to make two fishtail braids but if you are more comfortable with a normal three-strand braid go ahead and do that.
- Cross the braids in the back.
- Since my hair is long I fold the end of each braid before I secure it.
- Secure it under the other braid with a bobby pin.
And there you have it! A simple hairstyle fit for any summer occasion.