How to Create the Faux Undercut Hair Trend
Why not rock a progressively edgy look for the day without having to commit to shaving your head?
The faux undercut style is super hot right now and is a great alternative to the Skrillex haircut that you've been seeing super celebrities like Rihanna and Kesha rocking for some time.
Follow my easy step-by-step instructions below to achieve this fun look.
- Start with dry hair, clean or dirty.
- Create a dramatic side part on one side of your head, taking it all the way down to the nape of your neck.
- Use a clip to secure the remaining hair away so it doesn't get in the way while you work.
- Starting at the front of your hair line start to French braid the small section of hair you've left free.
- Continue your French braid technique past your ear and down toward the nape of your neck.
- When the braid reaches the nape of the neck, secure with an elastic.
- Finish this look off with a spritz of a medium hold hair spray like Your Highness by Catwalk.
Depending on your mood, you can add as many braids as you want. This super chic hairstyle adds that needed edge to any look. Dress it up or down, but most of all rock it!
Get more hair inspiration from Jenny at Confessions of a Hairstylist!
Photos: Marty Baldwin