How to Create a Half-Up Twisted Bun
by Ulrika Edler
Half-up hairstyles really are the best of both worlds. You get to enjoy the freedom of having your long locks flow, but also keep strands out of your eyes and show off your gorgeous face. Sure, you could just snap your hair back in a barette, but why not take it to the next level with this pretty twisted bun?
It’s summer and I love to wear my hair in half-up ‘dos for a relaxed, casual feeling! Try this cute and super easy hairstyle for those days when you want to do something with your hair but don´t have a lot of time. It’s fast, easy, cute, and suitable for many different occasions. It will also work for lots of different hair lengths, from just-touching-the-shoulders medium-length locks to way-past-mid-back like my long hair. Follow my step-by-step instructions below to get the look.
- Put your hair in a half-up ponytail.
- Divide the ponytail into two parts.
- Now make a rope braid. Twist the two strands in the same direction so that each one is a tight, thick twisted strand.
- Then twist the two strands around each other in the other direction.
- Secure the rope braid with an elastic.
- Twist the rope braid around the base of the half-up ponytail and shape it as a bun.
- Secure with bobby pins.
It’s as easy as that! You can wear it with the normal texture of your hair or you can wear it straight, curly, or wavy. Work this super easy and fast hairstyle with any outfit for any occasion!
Visit Ulrika at Yet Another Beauty Site for more tutorials!