How to Create a Low Messy Ponytail
by Jenny Strebe
Low ponytails are all the rage this fall, but why not do something creative and unique? I’m showing you how to kick it up a notch with an updated version of the inside out low pony. What makes this low messy ponytail trendy is the texture in the hair. It’s very important to add some oomph before trying this technique. If your hair is too sleek, you will only leave your hair in a dated disaster. Follow the simples step below to achieve this look in seconds!
- Start off with dry textured hair. You can add texture to your hair by using a 1 1/4-inch curling iron to give your locks some body.
- Lightly tease your hair all over for fullness and texture.
- Gently sweep your hair back to the nape of your neck with your fingers and secure a loose ponytail with an elastic band.
- Split hair in half right above the elastic band.
- Now, using an inside out ponytail technique, take the ends of the hair that is left out of the pony and pull it through the gap that you created when you split your hair in half.
- After you’ve created your inside out pony, gently massage the hair on the sides for the messy look you want to create.
- Grab an inch section of hair from underneath your pony and wrap it around your elastic to give this a polished look. Wrap your hair around the elastic until you are left with no hair and tuck the ends into the elastic.
There you have it, a low messy ponytail that’s perfect for fall.