How to Create a Twisted Updo
Impress all of your friends this summer by creating a fun updo that will turn heads.
This twisted updo is a perfect alternative to a braided style but is just as gorgeous and has a touch of a bohemian feel to it. This style works best for medium to long lengths of hair. Watch my video below and follow my easy step-by-step instructions so you can achieve this look easily at home!
- To prep this style, you need to add texture to your to your hair by curling your tresses with a 1 1/4-inch curling wand or curling iron.
- Starting with your preferred hair part, grab a small 2- to 3-inch section of hair near the hair parting. Split the section in two chunks and twist the pieces on top of each other.
- Working on the side of the head, pick up a new section of hair below your first section and work it into the first section, twisting the two pieces together. Repeat this technique until you reach the back of your head, picking up new sections of hair as you go. When you reach the back of your head, twists the ends of your section and secure with an elastic
- Drape the twisted section over to the other side of your head and secure with bobby pins.
- Repeat the technique on the other side. When finished, secure it as you did the first side.
- Loosen the twists a bit by massaging hair out of your twist for texture. This will give it a more Boho vibe.
- Finish off the look by using a medium hold hairspray to secure the style. Today I used TIGI Catwalk Your Highness Medium Hold Hairspray.
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and give it a try today!
Get more hair tips and tricks by Jenny at Confessions of a Hairstylist.