How to Do a Lauren Conrad-Inspired Updo
Lauren Conrad has the most enviable hair. Her updos are some of the most requested and coveted styles my clients ask for. A lot of women gravitate toward them because they are soft, pretty, and modern in their approach. Here’s a quick Lauren Conrad updo tutorial to help you re-create this California girl’s most requested updo.
Creating a Lauren Conrad updo is a breeze with these easy, quick steps. Beauty bonus: You don't need many tools, much technique, or even time to create the look. I recommend loosely curling your entire head with a large-barrel curling iron so your hair grips better while forming the updo and you can achieve that windswept styling Lauren is best known for.
You'll need: a teasing comb, rubber bands, firm-holding hairspray, hairpins, a large-barrel curling iron
1. Curl your hair with a large-barrel curling iron to create bend and volume to your ends. Part hair into four sections: your crown, the sides, and the back. Form a ponytail with the back of your hair. Tease the root of your ponytail.
2. Create a low messy bun with the ponytail, and secure it with pins.
3. Tease your crown, and layer the top portion of your hair against your ponytail. Unify this hair with your already-formed bun. Keep things loose-looking to maintain Lauren Conrad's updo style.
4. Gather the sides of your hair, and loosely secure each side layer within your bun.
5. Leave front-facing fringe side pieces to mimic Lauren Conrad's updo. Secure them with firm-holding hairspray.