How to Get Jennifer Lawrence’s Stunning Knotted Updo (Without Hiring Her Stylist)
This beautiful knotted updo with chain detailed was inspired by one of Jennifer Lawrence's many flawless hair days. Follow this step-by-step tutorial to recreate it yourself.
Jennifer Lawrence always has flawless hair on the red carpet (and probably everywhere else she goes, too). The gorgeous knotted updo with an accent chain she wore to the Paris premiere of Mockingjay Part 2 is no exception! It has a relaxed bohemian feel to it, but it's still worthy of the red carpet, or whatever formal event you have coming up in your life. The hairstyle works best on medium length to long hair, and all kinds of textures—though, the thicker hair the better. If you want to try this style yourself, follow this tutorial:
1. Make a side part.
2. Separate the thicker half of your side part, creating top and bottom sections. Pin back the top section, and pick up a piece of hair underneath. Secure the chain or ribbon to a small section of hair using a tiny hair elastic.
3. Release the top hair and pick up two pieces of hair, including the chain or ribbon.
4. Now make a knot like you would tie a shoe lace.
5. Then pick up a piece of hair from the front and join together with the outer strand in the knot. Make a knot again.
6. Continue picking up hair from the front and joining it together with the outer strand to make a knot. Do this all the way down to the nape of the neck. Try to make sure that the chain or ribbon is showing. When you reach the nape of the neck secure the knots with a small elastic.
7. Do the same on the other side. I chose not to use a chain on this side, but you could easily add another.
8. Secure the two knotted braids in the back with a small elastic.
9. Take the rest of the hair and roll it up into a bun.
10. Secure it in place with bobby pin.
Now you have a beautiful updo the Jennifer Lawrence way! For more tutorials like this visit me at Yet Another Beauty Site.