How to Recreate This Whimsical Waterfall & Flower Braid Updo
by Ulrika Edler
This diagonal waterfall braid and flower braid combo is a gorgeous, free-spirited look that’s a fun, fresh new take on the half-up hair trend.
A waterfall braid and a flower braid combo—does hair get better than that? It combines two of my absolute favorite braids to create the most beautiful half updo. It’s a fun, boho take on the super popular half-up hair trend, and feel free to add some curls for an even more feminine and romantic look. The hairstyle works on shoulder length to long length hair and on all hairtypes. Follow the instructions below to create the look.
- Start with the waterfall braid. Take a piece of hair from the front of your head and divide it into three parts.
- Cross the lower strand over the middle strand.
3. Then cross the upper strand over the middle strand.
4. When it’s time to cross the lower strand over the middle strand, instead drop the lower strand that you have.
5. Now pick up a new strand next to it.
6. Cross the new lower strand over the middle strand. This creates the waterfall effect.
7. Now it’s time to cross the upper strand over the middle strand again, but before you do that pick up some hair next to the upper strand and add this to it before you cross it over the middle strand. Continue the same way diagonally over to the other side of the head: drop the lower strand, pick up a new strand next to it and cross it over the middle strand, then add some hair to the upper strand and cross it over the middle strand.
8. When you reach the other side grab some hair from the front and join it together with the waterfall braid. Secure it with an elastic.
9. Now it’s time to make the flower braid. Braid the hair you just secured in a three strand braid then pull on one side of the braid to create volume, this will be the outside of the flower braid.
10. Roll up the braid like a cinnamon bun, with the pulled out side of the braid on the outside. Secure the end underneath the bun with bobby pins.
Now you have a beautiful half updo! For more tutorials like this visit me at Yet Another Beauty Site.