Mix It Up with This Messy Boho Braids Combo
This messy-chic hairstyle combines the style power of a traditional three-strand braid and a fishtail to make one unique 'do. While these boho braids were first spotted on the runway, complementing the bold colors and patterns of Mara Hoffman, now you can do them yourself.
These super-chic boho braids have graced the spring 2015 NYFW runway, and now you can wear them too. While they perfectly complemented Mara Hoffman's brightly colored and boldly patterned spring line, this braid is versatile enough for many casual outfits. All you have to do is follow these quick and easy steps!
1. Mist your clean, dry hair with a texture spray to maximize messiness.
2. Pull out medium-sized sections of hair on both sides of your face. Let them hang in front of your shoulders.
3. Gather the back section of your hair into a low, loose ponytail. Secure with an elastic.
4. Start braiding your ponytail using a three-strand technique, and then transition into a regular fishtail braid. Alternate between the two braiding techniques as you work down the ponytail. Secure ends with an elastic.
5. Gently knead the braid to loosen. You can make your ponytail as messy as desired.
6. Pull back one section of your hair that is still loose, and wrap it around your ponytail. Secure with a bobby pin. Do the same for the other section. Finish the look with a medium-hold hairspray.
Voila! In six short steps, you'll have a perfectly messy 'do that will have all your friends asking, "How did you do that?"