New York Fashion Week: Hair by Aveda on Ann Yee Runway
Aveda Guest Stylist Jon Reyman brings his interpretation of the modern nomad to designer Ann Yee’s runway during the Fall/Winter 2014 shows at New York Fashion Week.
Ann Yee's 2014 Fall/Winter collection–inspired by the idea of an adventurous urban dweller with a non-comformist perspective–can be described in one word: edgy. Yee's affinity toward textures and knitwear was matched with a bold yet abstract hair style, produced by Aveda's Jon Reyman.
"Ann wanted sharp, geometric lines and an abstract architectural shape in the back of the hair with a thick faux fringe in the front," Reyman said. Combined wtih textured twists, Reyman was able to style a quirky updo, using Aveda products.
To get the edgy twists and texturized faux fringe Reyman made, follow these steps:
- Divide hair into 4 sections–top, bottom, left, and right–with a visible and defined part.
- Spray Pure Abundance Style Prep onto each section of hair for sleek volume, then blow dry straight. Use a fine tooth comb to gather the top section of hair in your hand and secure into a small ponytail with an elastic. Repeat on the left, right, and bottom sections of hair.
- Run Dry Remedy Daily Moisturizing Oil through each ponytail and twirl each section of hair around elastic. Pin each twirl in place covering the elastic, leaving out the ends.
- Bring loose ends over the forehead and style in place, creating a thick textured fringe. Use Men's Pure-Formance Firm Hold Gel to comb each section of hair into place from the nape of neck.
- Finish the look with Control Force Hair Spray for a strong hold.
Check out our Instagram coverage of shows at New York Fashion Week to see all the fashion fun!