Party Hair: How to Do a Low Bun
by Ulrika Edler
Sometimes, more formal occasions—your sweetie’s holiday party, your best friend’s wedding, or even a night on the town—call for a new, sophisticated style. But you don’t need to book an appointment at the salon. With this hair tutorial, you’ll be able to create a low bun hairstyle that’s perfect for any event. Here’s how to make it.
This low bun hairstyle is stylish, chic, and easy to create. You can wear it to any formal event and look like you spent a lot of time on your hair when the truth is, it didn’t take you long at all! The texture you need for this hairstyle is straight, and it works on medium to long hair. Follow these steps to create the look.
1. Part your hair from the ears up and secure the front away for now.
2. Make a low ponytail with the rest of the hair and secure with an elastic.
3. Make a small hole with your fingers just above the elastic. Pull the ponytail through the hole.
4. Backcomb the ponytail to create volume for the bun.
5. Put a small elastic close to the end of the ponytail. This helps to keep the hair together when you create the bun.
6. Roll up the hair to create the low bun. Secure it with bobby pins.
7. Release the front hair. Twist it back and around the bun.
8. Secure with bobby pins; if you have long hair, you can also secure it under the bun. Do the same on the other side.
Simple, sophisticated, and sweet!
For more hair how-to from Ulrika, go to Yet Another Beauty Site.