Party Hair! Try This Vanessa Hudgens-Inspired Updo
by Ulrika Edler
A loose updo is a playful way to wear your hair both for formal events and every day. All it takes is a little creative pinning, so get out your bobby pins, and get ready to curl and twirl your way to this Vanessa Hudgens updo look.
This Vanessa Hudgens updo is cute and messy, and a great way to wear your hair for any occasion. For example, this hairstyle looks great at a formal event with a beautiful dress. A loose hairstyle is a nice counterpoint to a formal gown. Or wear it as an everyday hairstyle with jeans and a T-shirt. It works on medium and long hair. Follow these steps to get the look:
1. Curl your hair with a curling iron. Pin up the curls while they are warm to get a tighter curl and better hold.
2. Once the hair has cooled, release the curls and backcomb a bit to get more volume and separate the curls.
3. Then create a poof! First backcomb the front hair, and spritz some light hair spray on it for hold.
4. Smooth out the top layer, gather the front hair to create the poof, and secure it with bobby pins.
5. Then take small pieces of hair from the sides, and pin them back. Do it on both sides.
6. Do the same all the way down to the nape of the neck.
7. Now, taking the hair that is hanging down, divide it into a few sections. Twist it around, and secure with bobby pins.
There! You now have a cute, messy updo inspired by Vanessa Hudgens. Pin the graphic below for later reference and rock this ‘do any time you need a fun, flirty, night-out look!
For more hair tutorials from Ulrika, visit her at Yet Another Beauty Site.