Rock It: Pulling Off the ’90s Side Part
Why not jump right into fall with the '90s side part trend? This hairstyle may seem like it's pretty easy to do, but for the last 10 years we've been forcing our hair to be straight and sleek or into low-volume waves. It's hard to achieve this volumized look and have it hold. Follow my simple foolproof steps so you too can channel your inner Kelly Kawposki!
- To achieve maximum volume and hold, bust out your old hair mousse. Apply the mousse to towel-dried hair, then blow dry the hair the opposite way it's going to lay for loads of lift at the roots.
- Next, part off your hair the opposite way you want it to lay and add some micro dust hair powder at the roots. Micro dust—like Bed Head Candy Fixations Sugar Dust by TIGI—is an amazing root-lifting powder that will help your '90s side part last all day.
- After you sprinkle on your micro dust, massage it into the roots for texture.
- Take your fingers and lift the front of your hair up and spray with a medium-hold hair spray.
- Curl your hair back for some wave and movement.
- And BAM! You've got some hot '90s!
For more hair tutorials visit Jenny at Confessions of a Hairstylist.