Romantic Flower Braid Half-Updo Hairstyle
by Ulrika Edler
This side half-updo—a romantic, flower-inspired braid—is a fresh look for holiday parties or special events, and it’s surprisingly easy. Try it out for your next occasion!
The holidays are upon us and that means it’s party season! This romantic side updo with a braided flower is a great hairstyle, no matter how formal or casual your gatherings might be. Follow these easy instructions to create the look.
1. Make a side part and then curl your hair. Sweep the hair over the shoulder to the side where you have the most hair. Pick up a small section of hair from the side you swept back.
2. Pick up a small section from the side with all the hair.
3. Bring the two sections of hair together to make a ponytail over one ear. Secure the two pieces with an elastic.
4. Now it´s time to create the braid. Take a piece of hair from just underneath the ponytail and add it to the ponytail. Divide the hair into three parts, making sure some of the longer hair you took from underneath is in all the three parts.
5. Braid a classic, three-strand braid and secure at the end with an elastic. Tug on one side of the braid to create volume on one side.
6. Roll the braid around the base with the side of the braid that has the volume facing outward. Secure the braid with bobby pins.
For more hair inspiration and tutorials from Ulrika, go to Yet Another Beauty Site.