Support Breast Cancer: Pink Ribbon Braid
October is the month to give some extra thought to Breast Cancer and awareness to the symbol of the pink ribbon. I’ve seen a ton of pink ribbons this month incorporated into sports team uniforms, on clothing, in the news, on social media, on beauty products but none in hair. Let’s spread the meaning of the pink ribbon as much as we can! To spread awareness, I created this cute hairstyle to show support to those affected by Breast Cancer. Step-by-step instructions below the image.
- Start with your hair parted to one side, then pull the hair out of the way with a clip or elastic band to make it easier to tie the hair ribbon.
- Tie the ribbon around your head. It should be long enough to be incorporated into the braid and to tie a little bow at the end of the braid.
- Let your hair down, and bring all your hair and the ends of the ribbon to one side of your head.
- Divide your hair into three strands. The tails of the ribbon should join the two inner strands.
- Begin a basic braid, crossing the two side sections over the middle one as you work your way down your hair. When you reach the end of the hair, secure it with an elastic.
- Pull on the braid and the hair under the ribbon to make a fuller braid and to make the ribbon show more. Tie the ribbon ends in a bow to finish.
For more tutorials visit Ulrika at Yet Another Beauty Site.