Sweet and Simple: How to Get This Rope Braid Updo
by Ulrika Edler
Combining two basic rope braid techniques, this quick and oh-so-simple updo is just as perfect for a night out to dinner as it is for a day of errands. Follow our easy instructions to get this updo for yourself.
Quick and easy hairstyles are a must when you live a busy lifestyle but still want pretty hair! This rope braid bun is perfect because it´s fast and it doesn´t require a lot of skills. Take a few moments to master this look; you can never have too many easy updos in your repertoire.
1. Start with a side part. Section off the heavy side of your hair just behind the ear, and secure it out of the way. Then gather the rest of your hair into a low side ponytail. Divide the ponytail into two parts, and create a rope braid; do this by twisting the two parts of the ponytail in the same direction and then around each other in the opposite direction. Secure with a small elastic.
2. Create a low bun with the rope-braided ponytail by twisting it around the base of the ponytail and securing it with bobby pins.
3. To create the top rope braid, start with two small pieces of hair in the front.
4. Swap their positions, pulling the front piece over the back.
5. Now add some hair to the lower piece.
6. Again, swap the positions of the two pieces.
7. Continue like this until there is no more hair to add; then simply make a rope braid with the end.
8. To finish, take the loose end and wrap it around the rope-braid bun; secure it with bobby pins.
For more hair inspiration and tutorials from Ulrika, visit Yet Another Beauty Site.