These Twisted Pigtails Are As Easy As They Are Adorable
by Ulrika Edler
Bring a fun, flirty look to your repertoire of hairstyles without taking a lot of time or talent. These cute twisted pigtails are perfect for a weekend shopping trip, late night concert, or getting from the gym to work without a hassle.
For days when you need a quick hairstyle that looks pulled together, these super cute (and super easy) twisted pigtails are perfect. You don’t even really need to be excellent at styling your hair to recreate this look on yourself, it’s that easy! This works best on shoulder length to long hair.
Follow these six steps to get the look:
1. Make a middle part all the way down to the nape of the neck. Secure the left side out of the way for now and start working on the right side. To create your first pigtail pick up two pieces of hair from the front.
2. Cross the lower strand over the upper strand.
3. Grab some hair next to the strand that is now the lower strand and add it to the lower strand.
4. Then cross it over the upper strand. Continue like this all the way to the nape of the neck, add hair to the lower strand and cross it over the upper strand.
5. When you reach the nape of the neck it’s time to do a ropebraid with the remaining hair. Twist the two strands around themselves to the right.
6. And then twist them around each other two the left. Continue twisting the hair like this until you reach the end and then secure it with an elastic. Now do one more pigtail on the other side, but when it’s time to do the ropebraid you twist the two strands around themselves to the left and then around each other to the right.
Now you have two easy twisted pigtails! For more hair tutorials visit Yet Another Beauty Site.