Try This Effortless & Chic Half Updo
Should you save some time and just toss your hair up into a ponytail? Or should you put in the extra effort and run a straightener through the tangled mess? Make it easy on yourself with this half updo that is as simple as it is fabulous. This hairstyle will have you out the door and looking like a stylish celebrity in no time.
We all want our hair to look as flawless as Kim Kardashian's: perfect ponytails, shiny sock-buns, and effortless updos anyone? This glamorous celebrity always looks as if she just stepped straight out of a hair salon, and the odds are she probably did. Stop sitting in envy, and style your hair to look as fierce as Kim K's with this quick, half updo that adds a bit of flair to your everyday look. Perfect for a day at the office, a night out, or a coffee date with your friends, this style can be as casual or as fancy as you want it to be.
Get hair as sleek and stylish as Kims all on your own, without a million-dollar personal glam squad. All you need are a few simple products you most likely already have lying around your bathroom at home. Before you get started, you'll need to round up some bobby pins, a hair straightener, a few clear elastic hair ties, and strong-hold hairspray.
1. Start with sleek, straight hair. Part it behind the ears, toward the top of the head. Tease it at the roots for maximum height. Secure it into a ponytail with an elastic.
2. Take a section of hair, parting it from your left earlobe to the ponytail.
3. Create a hole on the opposite side of the ponytail.
4. Cross the section over the pony and pull through the hole. Secure with a bobby pin.
5. Take a section of hair, parting it from your right earlobe to the ponytail. Cross over to the left side.
6. Draw the right section of hair down through a hole you've made on the left section of hair. Secure with a bobby pin.
7. Finish with strong-hold hair spray.
Now that your hair is sleek, stylin', and ready to go, toss on your tightest black dress and a pair of classic stilettos for a look straight out of Kim's closet.