Try This Pretty, Sophisticated French Fishtail Braid
The French fishtail braid is a bit tricky to master, but when you do you'll have a sophisticated, chic braid that's totally wearable and easy to combine with anything. Pair it with casual jeans and a sweater for an everyday look or with something fancier for a night out on the town.
By stopping the braid at the nape of the neck and putting it in a low ponytail, you get a more sophisticated and polished look, but you can definitely braid it all the way down for a more relaxed look. Follow the steps below to achieve this style.
1. Take two strands of hair from the front.
2. Take a small piece of hair from one of the strands, and cross it over to the other side, joining it with the other strand.
3. Take a small piece of hair from the other strand, cross it over, and join it with the first strand. Now you have created your first stitch.
4. Now for the French braiding part! This time, when you take a piece of hair from the first strand, also add in some hair from the side, cross them both over to the other side, and join them with the other strand.
5. Do the same on the other side; take a piece of hair from the other strand, add some hair from the side, and cross them both over to the other side, joining them with the first strand.
6. Continue in the same way, and when you reach the nape of the neck, gather all the hair and secure it with an elastic. A tip: Use an elastic in silver or gold to give it a more polished look. Or, if you prefer, cover the elastic with a piece of hair, and secure it with a bobby pin.
For more tutorials like this, visit me at Yet Another Beauty Site.