Wear This Hair: Side Ponytail with Micro Braids
Wear this messy side ponytail for all your fun summer adventures. It’s perfect when you want to look put together yet casual and fun. Follow these five easy steps to get the style!
This messy side ponytail has a bohemian look that's perfect for those days when you want to be casual. Wear it with a maxi skirt and sandals for a relaxed summer look! The style works best for medium length to long length hair. The texture needs to be curly or wavy to get the right feeling so you might need to add a little texture before starting this look. Here are the steps to make this chic side ponytail.
1. Make a three-strand braid near the nape of your neck, a bit off to the left side. Secure with an elastic. Tug gently on the braid to create volume and a bit of messiness.
2. Make a second three-strand braid starting at the part and going down the right side.
3. Pull all your hair over the shoulder on the side where you made the second three-strand braid and cross the two braids.
4. Gather the braids and the loose hair in your hands and cross the braids around the loose hair again.
5. Cross them around the ponytail one more time and wrap the micro braids around the back side of the ponytail. Secure with an elastic. Remove the elastics on your micro braids and comb through the bottom of the pony with your fingers.
Now you have a cute messy side ponytail with micro braids! Here's a Pin-able version for reference later.
For more tutorials from Ulrika, go to Yet Another Beauty Site.