11 Best Reviewed Liquid Eyeliners
by Jin Moon
Shop The Story
Whether you prefer a black cat eye or glitter effect, finding the most precise and best long-lasting liquid eyeliner can be a challenge. There’s often a little trial and error, but most times you really can rely on what reviewers are saying and make a judgment call for what will work best on you.
If you’re a newbie and not sure how to put on liquid eyeliner, have no fear. It just takes a little practice to perfect. For ease, play connect the dots and sketch out little points along the eye line as your guide. Or for a fun trendy look, you can simply design your eye line with multiple dots.
To achieve a sexy, cat-eye look, add another small dot where you want the line to end just beyond and above the outer corners of each eye. Make sure they are even and then add the upward swooping wing. Or you can try this boss beauty blogger trick!
Now it’s time to pick a liquid eyeliner and have some fun experimenting! Here are the best reviewed choices from affordable drugstore brands to designer splurges from retailers like Sephora, Nordstrom, Ulta and Amazon.
- Best Splurge: Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen
- Best Pro Pick: Pat McGrath Labs Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner
- Best Drugstore Pick: Revlon ColorStay Skinny Liquid Eyeliner
- Best Waterproof: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
- Best Brush: Sephora Collection Long-Lasting 12 Hour Wear Eye Liner
- Best Black: Physicians Formula Eye Booster Waterproof Ultra-Fine Liquid Eyeliner
- Best Brown: Tarte Tarteist Double Take Eyeliner
- Best for Cat Eye: Kaja Wink Stamp Wing Eyeliner Stamp & Pen
- Best Color Variety: NYX Professional Makeup Vivid Brights Eyeliner
- Best Glitter Effect: Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner
- Best Celebrity Brand: Fenty Beauty By Rihanna Flyliner Longwear Liquid Eyeliner
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.