Day-to-Night Makeup for After-Work Oomph
Trying to pack as much work and fun into your day as possible but still want to look fab? No sweat. This day-to-night makeup look is perfect for on-the-go glam.
Attention, gals on the go, career women, and busy bees! When working long hours, coupled with crazy commutes, it's not always possible to run home to freshen up before a date or cocktail hour with friends. That means sometimes having to create a smoky eye in the office bathroom! Let us show you how to create day-to-night makeup that goes from the office to happy hour.
1. First, touch up any redness with a concealer. Redness often creeps in around the nose and mouth, and you'll likely need to brighten up your undereye area a bit, too. We know you don't feel wide awake at the end of the day, but you can certainly fake it!
2. Now, add some dimension into your face for nighttime lighting with a contour palette. LORAC's Pro Contour Palette has everything you need to transition from day-to-night makeup.
3. Liven up your cheeks with a fresh shot of blush. This alone makes a huge difference.
4. Add an evening glow by dusting a powder highlighter onto the top of cheekbones.
5. Now it's time to create a quick and effortless smoky eye! Line your top lash line with a soft and smudgeable black pencil liner, like Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Liner in Perversion. Before it sets, quickly smudge with your fingers. This will create a wash of smoke on the lid and a base for the next step.
6. Using a fluffy brush, dust a deep espresso shade onto lids from lash line to crease. This can be quick and imprecise, just as long as you remember to really blend the top line out so it fades softly into the crease.
7. Grab your black pencil liner again, and line your waterline or inner rim of the lower lid. This makes a huge impact in only a few seconds.
8. Swipe on a nude lipstick to keep the focus on your smoked-out peepers.
9. Can't forget the brows! Amp up the brows just a tad by applying a brow powder to the outer three quarters where color tends to fade off more easily throughout the day. Brush brow hairs into place for a put-together appearance
Now, off ya go to happy hour or a hot date. No one will know you spent all day at your computer!