DIY Wedding Makeup for the Glam Bride
If you're a bride-to-be born with glitter in her veins, there's no need to hide it on your big day. Conventional wedding makeup advice tells us to look like yourself: natural, soft, and romantic. But if the smoky eye is your go-to look, feel free to go a little bigger! This dramatic, glamorous look should do the trick.
The best wedding makeup look is the one you love and feel your best in. So if you're a less-is-more bride, this may not be the look for you. But if you never shy away from a good glitter, consider this "The One." Wedding makeup for the glam bride is both sexy and beautifully dramatic, but you don't have to rely on a makeup artist to get it. Follow these simple directions for a perfectly glamorous makeup look.
1. First, apply your crease color. A light, matte warm brown color like Make Up For Ever Artist Shadow in Milk Tea is perfect. This is the most neutral shadow we'll use, so don't worry.
2. Now it's time to get metallic! Press a generous amount of an ultra-shimmery vanilla shadow onto the center of the lid and inner corner. Stila's Kitten is a universally flattering pick for this. Work in layers, building up until you have the level of shimmer and shine you want. This pop of highlight will reflect a lot of light, accentuating your eyes.
3. Next, apply either a deep chocolate brown or true black shadow to the outer corner of the eye only, softly blending it inward. Try Espresso or Black from LORAC's Pro Palette; both are great choices. Whichever you pick, take that same shade along the lower lash line, connecting it to the top for cohesiveness.
4. Line the top lash line with black gel liner, and use an angled brush to create a slight wing. Make sure to use a smudge-proof formula as you may shed a few tears. Girl, don't lie. You know you will!
5. Apply a black pencil liner to the lower inner rim. Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion is one of the most high-impact, blackest blacks there is, and it's super-soft so it will glide on.
6. Apply a waterproof mascara to top and bottom lashes. L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black is a classic and budget-friendly choice. Again, go with waterproof. Better safe than raccoon-eyed!
7. What glamour lover would go without lashes? We've applied a set of demi or half lashes to give the eye that sexy, elongated cat-eye shape. Plus, these are much more comfortable than a full set, which is important if you're not used to false lashes.
8. For the grand finale, create the perfect pout with a pale pink lip. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Hush is a divine bridal shade. When applying, remember these are super-pigmented so you don't need any more than a fourth of a pea. Really! It may look like a lip gloss, but treat it more like a liquid lipstick.
For more makeup tutorials from Ivy, check out Wake Up for Makeup