Dramatic Eye Makeup for the Holidays
The holidays call for dramatic eye makeup that goes the extra mile. If you've always wanted to see how you'd look with a shimmery, smokey eye with the Midas touch, look no further than this tutorial. Any eye color can rock this look, but as you can see, it's especially lovely on icy blues. Ooh la la!
Give your eyes a festive, holiday shimmer with this dramatic eye makeup. It's perfect for holiday parties, a special date night, or GNO.
1. To set the foundation for dramatic eye makeup, sweep a matte taupe shade like Urban Decay's Naked into your crease.
2. Next, press a champagne-tone pigment like Makeup Geek's Afterglow all over the lid.
3. Using a smudge brush, press a blackened golden olive color like Laura Mercier's Baked Eye Color Black Karat at the outer corner of the eyelid.
4. Now grab a blending brush, and soften the blackened olive tone, blending inward and slightly into the crease.
5. Smudge a rich, black shadow like Makeup Geek's Corrupt along the upper and lower lash lines for a soft, smokey, and sexy look.
6. Now for the best part! Line the inner rim of the lower lid with a metallic gold pencil liner. I love L'Oreal's Infallible Silkissime in Gold for this.
7. Apply a generous coat of mascara to top and bottom lashes.
8. Apply a set of false lashes because the holidays call for a little drama! Make sure to hold the lash strip up to your lid to measure first; then trim as needed.
Pair your golden green smokey eye with a peachy nude lip! Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tar in the Annika is a winner, winner, Christmas dinner!
For more makeup tips and tricks from Ivy, go to Wake Up for Makeup.