Easy, Eerie Pre-Plastic Surgery Halloween Makeup Look
This Halloween makeup is both high-society glam and scary at the same time. Nip/tuck, anyone? The good news is that this plastic-surgery prep is easy to create with makeup you already own, and it won't set you back thousands of dollars.
This pre-op prima donna look is plastic fantastic and super easy! You can create this chic Halloween makeup with just a few simple items you already have!
1. You'll begin with foundation and powder. Apply as you normally would, but skip the blush.
2. To make the skin appear flawless and artificially perfect, we're going to really load up on the highlighter. Apply a generous amount so that skin shines and looks plastic. Make sure to apply to the eyelids and brow bone and above the cupid's bow. I love TheBalm's Mary Lou Manizer.
3. To give the eyes a wide-awake gaze, line your lower inner rim with a bright white liner pencil. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk is a sure bet.
4. Apply lots and lots of mascara to the top and bottom lashes. We are not going for subtle. I'm loading on the Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant.
5. Apply some dramatic false lashes to intensify this over-the-top look. Ardell makes tons of great options.
6. Using a black liquid liner, line the top lash line, extending at the inner and outer corners to make eyes appear larger than life. I'm using Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen.
7. And now for the fun part! Using that same black felt-tip liner, draw your surgical lines. Use arrows to indicate where a brow lift would occur, and use dashed lines to indicate cuts for a face-lift, cheek-lift, and nose job.
8. Now give yourself big Botox lips. Using a pink lip liner, line the lips, going outside your natural lip line. Connect the peaks of your top lip for a bee-stung look. I'm using the NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Rose.
9. Apply a bubble-gum pink shade to the lips like Lime Crime's Great Pink Planet—the more artificial, the better.
10. Now coat your lips with a hefty glaze of clear gloss. Don't hold back here. We want the lips to look positively plastic! OCC Lip Tar in Clear is non-sticky and shiny.
11. For the finishing touch, wrap your head, chin, and neck in gauze. You can go crazy with this, or do just a little. Just be careful not to make it too tight.
For more Halloween makeup how-tos from Ivy, go to Wake Up for Makeup.