You lucky brown-eyed girls! With eyes that serve as a neutral palette, you can literally rock any eye makeup color you please. No shadow color clashes with brown, therefore as a green/gray-eyed girl, I'm jealous. Eye makeup for brown eyes is limitless! There are certain colors that elevate your brown eye sex appeal though. Most brown eyes have warmth in them and one of my favorite contrasting cool tones is navy. Brown eyes are some of the few that can pull off shadows in the blue family beautifully. If you're a brown-eyed babe, here's how to create an easy and alluring navy smokey eye:
1. Apply a matte, mauve brown color to the crease with a crease brush. This will help the navy softly fade upward on the eyelid. I used Stila's Rain from their In The Know palette. It's a brown with a hint of a purple undertone so it pairs well with a cool tone like navy.
2. Next, taking a flat shader brush, begin to press a matte navy shadow like NYX Nude Matte in In the Buff (very strange name for a deep navy, I know!) from your lash line up toward the crease.
3. Dip a blending brush into a bluish charcoal gray like Urban Decay's Gunmetal and softly apply to the outer third of the lid and a bit into the crease.
4. Line your top lash line with a deep black pencil liner. Smudge out the liner with a pencil brush.
5. Sketch liner onto the outer third of your lower lash line, then smudge it out with your pencil brush dipped into the navy shadow again.
6. Now apply mascara to top and bottom lashes.
7. Add false lashes for more drama!
Pair this sexy date night eye with a nude lip. I lined Annie's lips with the NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Nude Beige and topped with a caramel colored gloss. Give it a try brown-eyed girls! Pin the graphic below for a quick reference later, too.
For more makeup tutorials by Ivy, visit Wake Up for Makeup.