Green eyes are at their most fierce when accented with plum, eggplant and burgundy shades. Be best friends with these red-based purples, and you'll find the right makeup for green eyes. Even if your eyes are hazel, place those colors on your lids and amplify the green!
1. First, work a matte light brown color into the crease. This serves as a transition color and will create a nice gradation for the other colors. I used Makeup Geek's Latte.
2. Next, apply a dusty purple shade like Makeup Geek's Unexpected to the lid with a flat shader brush, bringing it up to meet the crease.
3. Now, take a fluffy blending brush and work a darker plum shade into just the outer corner. You can bring it into the crease ever so slightly. I used Makeup Geek's Sensuous, which has a little shimmer to it. Don't be afraid to mix matte and shimmer textures!
4. Thinly line your top lash line with an eggplant-colored pencil liner. I used a Stila Smudgestick in Aubergine. Focus on creating a line that is thin to thick.
5. Line the lower lash line with the same liner but only three-fourths of the way in. You can lightly smudge this line with your finger to soften it.
6. Apply mascara to your top and bottom lashes.
Wasn't that so easy? Your green peepers are now lit up beautifully. All it took was picking the right colors! For more pro makeup tips from Ivy, go to Wake Up for Makeup.