If you want to know how to do a smokey eye, think beyond the grays and blacks! The smokey eye is a special technique, but it certainly doesn't have to mean dark. Here's how to do a smokey eye using vivid purple and magenta tones that will electrify nearly every eye color!
1. First, apply a warm matte brown to the crease. This will help your brighter colors fade more gradually.
2. Next, press a vivid magenta shadow, like Jilted from Urban Decay's Electric Palette, all over the lid. Use a flat shader brush to build up the color. Try a pressing motion rather than a brushing motion.
3. Next, place a deep violet shade, like Urban from the same Electric Palette, to the outer corner of the eye.
4. Smudge that same shade along the lower lash line.
5. Using a deep black pencil liner, line the inner rim of the lower lash line. It Cosmetics No-Tug Gel Eyeliner is a beautiful, rich black.
6. Apply mascara to top lashes.
7. Don't forget the bottom lashes! Never skip this step if you've applied color and liner to the lower lash line!
8. Apply false lashes for extra drama. Ardell Demi Wispies work for nearly everyone.
Polish off the look with a sexy nude lip, letting your candy eyes capture the spotlight!
For more makeup tips, tricks, and techniques from Ivy, go to Wake Up for Makeup.