I get it—your skin is looking pale. Trust me, I understand. But please, please promise me you won't step foot in a tanning bed. You know better! Spray tans are a great alternative, but what if you don't even have time for that? Don't worry, with some self tanner and a few simple makeup tricks, you can turn Snow White into Saint-Tropez.
1. Start with a bare face. Add 1–2 pumps of self tanner like BareMinerals Faux Tan Face to your moisturizer, and apply evenly. Then mix a drop or two of a bronze illuminator, such as Revlon PhotoReady Skinlights Face Illuminator in Bronze Light, with your regular liquid foundation, and apply with a beautyblender. Spiking your foundation and applying with a damp beautyblender is going to give your skin a radiant, healthy glow.
2. Using a cream bronzer like Sonia Kashuk's Undetectable Creme Bronzer, apply to the contour areas — under the cheekbones, at the temples, and around the hairline. With a duo-fiber brush like the Real Techniques Stippling Brush, work in small circular motions, blending back toward your hairline.
3. Dust your T-zone with a translucent setting powder to set your cream or liquid products. Keep the rest of your skin fresh and dewy.
4. Now, take a bronze or golden powder highlighter like Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer in Sunset Strip, and dust the tops of your cheekbones, above your cupid's bow, and a little bit down the bridge of your nose.
5. To really round out your newfound glow, stick with warm, bronze tones on the eyes and lips! The colors in this L'Oreal Dual Effects Eye Shadow in Treasured Bronze would be lovely paired with Kevyn Aucoin Lip Gloss in Neottiana.
For more of Ivy's makeup tutorials, visit Wake Up for Makeup.